McLean Youth Basketball
Our COVID-19 policy has only one objective – to protect the health and safety of everyone involved in McLean Youth Basketball. We will rely heavily on all our participants, players, coaches, refs, and fans, to help us enforce this policy throughout the season. The policy is subject to change at any time should the situation warrant such change. Thank you all for your understanding, flexibility, and your cooperation.
Regular Season Games and Practices
1. We will return to our regular format for the league with practices involving two teams at a time in each gym.
2. In practice, players should maintain social distancing in the gym when not actively playing. Scrimmaging is allowed as part of team practices.
3. Players and coaches only at practices, no parents or spectators allowed.
4. Spectators are allowed in the gym at games but should maintain social distancing. Spectators in the gym are limited to one person per player.
5. Games and practices may need to be canceled in case of a COVID-19 quarantine requirement based on a positive test result.
1. For the Select and for House age groups in Middle School and above (grade 7 and above), although masks will not be required when players are actively involved in playing a game, to the extent players are comfortable, mask wearing is encouraged in any close contact activity.
2. For the Development League and for House grades prior to Middle School (4th, 5th and 6th), wearing masks will be required for all people, at all times in the gym whether actively playing or not. This is due to the lack of vaccination among those under 12. Once vaccination for those under 12 becomes available and is widely adopted, MYB will consider revisiting this policy.
3. Masks will be required to be worn by all players during team huddles and time-outs
4. Coaches and players on the bench must wear masks.
5. All spectators at games must wear masks at all times in the gym.
6. Again, to the extent players are comfortable, masks are encouraged at practices but not required.
7. Referees are encouraged to wear masks and to maintain social distancing from players when possible.
1. All participants involved in McLean Youth Basketball are strongly encouraged, but not required, to get vaccinations.
2. All players must report their vaccination status to their coaches.
3. All coaches must report their vaccination status to the Age Group Coordinator.
4. All referees must report their vaccination status to the referee coordinator.
5. All Age Group Coordinators and MYB Board members must report their vaccination status to the Chief Commission or the House League.
6. Vaccination status will only be used to determine quarantine requirements for any reported positive test reported within MYB.
Reporting Positive Test for COVID
1. Any person participating in MYB must immediately report any positive test results.
2. Players need to immediately report positive tests to their coaches, coaches must immediately report any positive tests to their Age Group Coordinator, referees must immediately report any positive test to the Referee Coordinator and the AGCs must immediately report any positive tests to the Chief Commissioner of the House League.
3. In the case of a reported COVID positive result, the team must pause all activities until cleared by the health department. This will likely mean canceled practices and forfeited games.
4. Currently the suggested quarantine requirements for those testing positive or with close contact to someone that has tested positive: (1) two weeks for any person that is not vaccinated, (2) one week for any person that is vaccinated but showing any symptoms, and (3) no quarantine for any person that is vaccinated but not showing symptoms.